Have you ever wished for a bigger computer screen? Here’s an even better idea; Use a dual monitor (or multi monitor) setup to extend your desktop across two or more screens. Both Windows and Mac computers have the ability to simulate one BIG screen using a dual or multi monitor configuration.
In a business environment, companies are looking for ways to improve efficiency when it comes to computer usage. But before you spend money on a faster processor or a larger hard drive, I would encourage you to consider upgrading to a dual monitor setup.
Here are SIX good reasons to have dual monitors:
1. Published studies indicate that having a dual monitor in a workplace setting can increase productivity by 20 to 50 percent. For example, if you’re tied to your desk for most of your day, it would be obvious that having your Emails and Company CRM Software on the other side of a dual monitor display would be very helpful.
2. Real multi-tasking requires enough screen space to keep two or more apps in full view simultaneously. If you have ever tried to size and align windows on a single monitor, you’ll appreciate the ability to have several apps fully open at the same time. Customer service reps and Accounts Administrators are additional examples of people that would benefit from dual monitors.
3. Cutting and pasting between documents is much easier when you don’t have to alt-tab between them and scroll up or down so much. If you create newsletters or PowerPoint presentations, you’ll identify with this.
4. Picture and video editing is a whole new experience with dual monitors. You can have all of your editing tools on one screen while you work on the project in the other. You can compare before and after views of the same work, or supersize panoramic pictures.
5. Comparing products is easier when you have dual monitors. You can show two video cameras’ specs side by side in separate browser windows, for example. 6. Windows 10 offers some new multi-monitor features, such as the ability to use different backgrounds on each monitor, span multiple screens with your background image, and multiple task bars.
The Bottom Line Ultimately, using a dual monitor set up leads to an increase in productivity due to a larger and more flexible visual work space. Staff comfort, in line with WH&S requirements will increase productivity, reduce Fatigue and Neck Stiffness, as well as allowing your eyes suitable movement reducing “Lazy Eye”.
Fortunately, the associated costs for this setup have dropped dramatically in recent years. “A small investment for a great return”.
. Dual (2) LCD Monitor Table Stand w/Arm & Desk Clamp 13’’-27’’ – Black $99.00 ex gst
. Quality Additional ASUS VP228NE 21.5″ LED MONITOR (DVI, VGA, SPK) $169.00 ex gst
*Exclusive of freight charges. *Products subject to availability. *Suitability of products can be assessed based on your environment and individual needs.
If you would like to learn more about utilizing multiple displays or have questions, feel free to give us a call or contact us via email.